I think one of the saddest things that can happen in life is to spend 20-30 years working 40 hours a week at a job that does not fulfill our purpose on this earth. Do you feel you have gotten distracted from your purpose?
Here are a few ways to help you reconnect.
- Spend a minimum of 15-30 minutes in prayer and meditation. Part of your quiet time, just listening . Let that still small voice deep on the inside of you rise up and remind you of your true purpose. Keep a pen and notepad handy so you can make a note of those important thoughts as they come to you.
- After your quiet time, take time to talk to yourself! Take time to read aloud your daily affirmations or a list of scriptures that reinforce what you know you are called to do. Speaking aloud affirmations will help you reconnect with who you are and what your purpose is. If you don’t have a list of affirmations, now is good time to put together your own list. There are booklets and articles on the web that can help you put together your own life affirming statements. Get started on this one right away.
- Finish up your quiet time by reading or listening to educational books or inspirational writings that feed your soul and reinforce your convictions. For me personally, my morning commute has become a good time for me to listen to Audible books and my favorite pod casts. On most days, I have a 30 minute drive to work in the morning and a 30 minute drive home at night. Depending on where I need to go that day, my drive can take as long as 2 hours one way! Listening to audio books and pod casts has become a great way to make my travel time less tedious and much more inspirational.
So let’s recap. To help reconnect with your purpose:
- Spend 15-30 minutes in prayer and meditation each morning.
- Take time to read aloud your daily affirmations.
- And finally, feed your spirit and soul with uplifting podcasts and audible books.
I find that consecutively spending time on these few things each day, grounds me and helps me remain connected to my purpose. But what about you?
How do you reconnect with your purpose?
How are you making a difference on this earth?