There’s nothing like a steaming hot bowl of beef stew on a cool fall night! Pair it with some crusty bread and fruit pie for dessert and you’re in heaven.
We’re continuing with our easy meals this week and this is one of them. We’ve always kept our stew simple and delicious. No crazy ingredients for us. We just add potatoes, carrots, onions, and beef to the beef broth with a touch of salt and pepper and, viola, you have a simple delicious dinner in no time.
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
- 1½ lbs Beef Stew Meat Cubed
- 2 T Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 5 Medium Carrots Chopped
- 1 lb Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 6 Cups Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the beef, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook the beef on all sides until brown.
- Add the beef broth. Then add the potatoes, carrots, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately an hour to an hour and a half stirring occasionally. Simmer until the stew meat is cooked and tender.
AIDEA Dutch Oven–Enameled Cast Iron
If you follow the instructions above, why not cook your stew in a new AIDEA Dutch Oven: It’s a professional-grade cast iron stock pot with an enamel coating that holds heat and distributes heat evenly for a perfectly cooked dish every time. The Aidea Dutch oven is the perfect stockpot for soups, casseroles and other savory dishes. It and does not require any pre-seasoning. This beautiful pot will also look great as a serving dish on your table.
As a bonus, at the time of the writing of this article, this specific 5 qt Blue Dutch oven comes with a free set of kitchen knives. Just add the code shown in the picture below.
Or, of course, you can brown your stew meat and add all of the ingredients to your crockpot in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours like the one pictured below. And then come home from a long workday to a hot delicious meal and a yummy smelling kitchen!.
Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Oval Portable Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel
Serve your stew with hot, buttered crusty bread or crackers and a nice fall dessert like baked pears or apple pie.
Le Creuset Apple Pie Dish
- Le Creuset’s apple-shaped pie dish is perfect for creating lattice-topped apple pies, apple cobbler, tarts and more
- Made of durable stoneware, this pie dish delivers gentle, even heating for excellent results
- An industry-leading enamel interior protects against utensil damage, staining, and odor absorption
- Plus, each pie dish features Le Creuset’s colorful signature glaze for beautiful oven-to-table presentation
What ingredients do you add to your beef stew and what do you usually serve with it?
Join the Little Blog Family
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.