There’s nothing like a steaming hot bowl of beef stew on a cool fall night! Pair it with some crusty bread and fruit pie for dessert and you’re in heaven.
We’re continuing with our easy meals this week and this is one of them. We’ve always kept our stew simple and delicious. As a working mom, easy is important since I don’t have the extra hours to spend in the kitchen making complicated and time-consuming meals.
There are no hard to find ingredients for us in this stew. We just add potatoes, carrots, onions, and beef to the beef broth with a touch of salt and pepper and, viola, you have a simple delicious dinner in no time.
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
- 1½ lbs Beef Stew Meat Cubed
- 2 T Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 5 Medium Carrots Chopped
- 1 lb Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 6 Cups Beef Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the beef, onions, salt, and pepper. Cook the beef on all sides until brown.
- Add the beef broth. Then add the potatoes, carrots, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately an hour to an hour and a half stirring occasionally. Simmer until the stew meat is cooked and tender.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Should you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Crock-Pot Dutch Oven Enameled Cast Iron
If you follow the instructions above, why not cook your stew in a new Crock-pot Duch Oven: It’s a professional-grade cast iron stock pot with an enamel coating that holds heat and distributes heat evenly for a perfectly cooked dish every time. The Crock-Pot Dutch oven is the perfect stockpot for soups, casseroles and other savory dishes. It and does not require any pre-seasoning. This beautiful pot will also look great as a serving dish on your table.
Serving this recipe or any meal can be a festive occasion if you use serving dishes like those shown below. What could be better than eating soup in colorful orange soup bowls or poppy colored fiesta ware?
24 ounce Extra Soup Bowl
Colorful Braided Placemats
SET OF 2 WOODEN 8 INCH Salt and Pepper Grinders
Fiesta 4-Piece Place Setting, Poppy
Or, of course, you can brown your stew meat and add all of the ingredients to your crockpot in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours like the one pictured below. And then come home from a long workday to a hot delicious meal and a yummy smelling kitchen!.
Crock-Pot Cook & Carry 6-Quart Oval Portable Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel
Serve your stew with hot, buttered crusty bread or crackers and a nice fall dessert like baked pears or apple pie. Your apple pie will taste even better if cooked in the beautiful Le Creuset apple pie dish.
Le Creuset Apple Pie Dish
- Le Creuset’s apple-shaped pie dish is perfect for creating lattice-topped apple pies, apple cobbler, tarts and more
- Made of durable stoneware, this pie dish delivers gentle, even heating for excellent results
- An industry-leading enamel interior protects against utensil damage, staining, and odor absorption
- Plus, each pie dish features Le Creuset’s colorful signature glaze for beautiful oven-to-table presentation
What ingredients do you add to your beef stew and what do you usually serve with it?
Join the Little Blog Family
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.