Potato soup is another one of our favorite meals. It’s hearty, delicious and best of all it’s easy to make. I often make potato soup the day after a holiday meal when we have extra potatoes and leftover ham.
- 5 Quart Dutch Oven
- Medium Sauce Pan
- 8 Medium Potatoes Diced
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Celery Diced
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Ham Chopped
- Cover potatoes in water and cook until done
- When the potatoes are done, drain off half of the water and add the ham and cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly.
- When the flour and milk mixture has thickened, add it to the potatoes.
- Simmer until heated through and serve with crackers.
Comment below with the desserts that you serve with potato soup. Do you make homemade soup all year long or only in the cold winter months?