For many of us, we find employment out of the sheer necessity to have to pay the bills. WE neither enjoy our work nor utilize our talents. But we are faithful year after year, climbing the ladder that’s leaning against the wrong wall!
What we fail to realize is that the key is Choice. We do have options. It’s just easier at times to stay on a secure path, one that is familiar and safe rather than to veer off to explore avenues that we would rather go down.
Just like our hero of the book, Mark Christopher, when you make the choice to go after your dream, you may have many days of questioning and sorrow.
In the end, you may not reach a level of success that the subject of the book enjoyed, but you will, likely, at least, feel you’ve done the right thing for your life and for your family.
For, after all, those who live in unhappy failure have never exercised their options for a better way of life because they have never been aware that they had any Choices!
How about a refreshing lemonade mocktail to enjoy while reading The Choice? See the Instagram Post and the recipe at the link below from my friend, Meghan, at Tophshelf_cocktails.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 3 Strawberries
- 1 Basil Leaf
- 3 oz Lemon Juice
- 1-1/2 oz Water
- Whisk together the simple syrup, two strawberries and the basil leaf.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the water.
- Add ice and stir.
- Garnish with the 3rd strawberry and a lemon slice, and enjoy.
Do you need beautiful glasses to serve your mocktails in? I have one suggestion for your from Amazon.
Please note, I am an Amazon Affiliate and if you purchase anything from my links, I may get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Lemon Infused Water
Lemon Infused Water
- 1 Pitcher
- 3 to 4 Lemons
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 4 Cups Sparkling Water or Plain Cold Water
- Slice the thoroughly washed lemons into thin slices.
- Add the seeded lemon slices to a pitcher of 4 cups of cold water.
- Refrigerate the lemons and water for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the lemon slices so the water doesn't get bitter.
- Add four cups of sparkling water or 4 additional cups of filtered water.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with an additional lemon slice.